We completely disassembled the rifle, removed the barrel, threaded it, changed the gas system, reassembled it and headed to the range. These are the first 5 shots at 50 yards, not bad!
We’ve been using Parabellum Armament’s AKARS for 9 months. You may have read our first review here, or our second here.
In the first post, we field stripped the gun between shots to verify that it held zero. In the second, we noted how sending the cover off for a Lightning Bolt II conversion didn’t effect accuracy either- so now what?
Well, we completely took the rifle apart , including removing the AKARS (the optic stayed on the rail) and removed the barrel and gas system. After threading the barrel and changing the gas system we headed to the range (you can read the article here). We took 5 shots prone at 50 yards and take a look at the results above…. not bad!
Here is the rifle in pieces. The AKARS was completely removed and reinstalled.
A minor dope change (not enough) and another 5 round group.
AKARS test groups from June 2012. Before cover machining and new gas block installation. Groups were shot from the top to bottom, left to right. These groups were shot after 60 rounds went downrange in a short amount of time and the barrel was very hot. Targets 1 and 3 were shot in 3 shot groups. Targets 2 and 4 were shot one at a time, with the rifle field stripped in between each shot.