In the first post, we field stripped the gun between shots to verify that it held zero. In the second, we noted how sending the cover off for a Lightning Bolt II conversion didn’t effect accuracy either- so now what?
Well, we completely took the rifle apart , including removing the AKARS (the optic stayed on the rail) and removed the barrel and gas system. After threading the barrel and changing the gas system we headed to the range (you can read the article here). We took 5 shots prone at 50 yards and take a look at the results above…. not bad!
3-Gun AR15 Rifle Build If you haven’t shot a 3-Gun match, you haven’t lived. This demanding sport requires shooters to deliver fast, accurate shots, from close to distant targets. The rifle is perhaps the easiest […]
Rifleshooter.com teams up with Brownell’s to update an old AR-15 The following article chronicles our build and is for informational purposes only. Reflecting on the round count for the carbine I am currently shooting, […]
The Wilson Combat’s Tactical Rail Interface, Modular (T.R.I.M.) rail provides shooters with a sleek, lightweight, free-floating forearm for their AR15 type rifles. The T.R.I.M. rail is constructed of 6005A-T5 aluminum, with a 4130 steel barrel nut […]