Aimpoint Micro T-2 Review
The Aimpoint Micro T-2 is the updated version of the tried and true Micro T-1. I’ve been using the T-1 (initially in 4 MOA dot size, then 2 MOA) since it was introduced in 2007 and think its durability, long battery life and low profile make it the ideal red dot sight.
According to Aimpoint:
Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become the worldwide standard for compact reflex sights. Law enforcement and military end users have embraced this sight for its compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Product reviews with professional end users identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been added to this new product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of front and rear protective flip covers and anti-reflective devices, additional physical protection for the sight’s adjustment turrets, and increased ruggedness for the sight’s internal electronic components.
Unique features of the Aimpoint Micro T-2
- Advanced optical lenses for even better light transmission
- Front Flip-up lens cover is included
- Transparent rear Flip-up lens cover is included
- Reinforced protection of the turrets for even greater ruggedness
- Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns, and handguns
- Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount, sight only 3.0 oz. (84g)
- 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic
- Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 1 Off position, 4 night vision compatible settings and 8 daylight settings – one extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight
- Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- Available in 2 MOA dot size
- Hard anodized non-reflective finish
- Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Use as a standalone sight or piggybacked on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics
Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights
- Unlimited field of view
- Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief
- Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
- Rugged, durable construction
- No hazardous materials
- No laser emission that could be harmful to your eyes
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Increased aiming confidence
Since I will be using both sights on an AR15/M-16 M4 platform, I mounted both the T2 (left) and T1 (right) in the Larue LT660 QD mount. Note the damaged elevation cover on the T1.
Here are my thoughts on the T-2 (keep in mind I have tens of thousands of rounds downrange with a T-1):
- The lens covers are the most obvious upgrade- while I am unsure they are necessary, they were nice to have. They are clear, so you can still use the sight with the covers in place.
- I liked the protected elevation adjustment screw-slot cap (you can see the damaged part on my T-1 above).
- When compared to the T-1, the T-2 does have better glass.
- The sight works well with the Morovision PVS-14 Generation 3 night vision monocular
The Aimpoint Micro T-2 picks up where the T-1 left off. Currently, Aimpoint is continuing to market the T-1 alongside the T-2. The T-2 costs about $70 more. For that premium, you get a protected elevation adjustment, better glass and flip up covers.