Here are a few pictures of a Defiance Machine Deviant short-action receiver (100-012-650) from Brownells. I used one of these for my 6.5×47 Lapua featured in 6.5 X 47 Lapua Range Report and Building a Custom Precision Rifle: Deviant 6.5×47 Lapua.
These are really nice, well made actions with an integral lug and rail.
- Defiance Deviant precision machined Remington style rifle actions
- Pre-hardened materials, prevent tolerance changing when heat treated
- Standard footprint allows for installation on a variety of aftermarket Remington 700 stocks
- Defiance Primary Extraction design significantly increases initial extraction and ensures smooth bolt cycling
- Wire EDM-cut, full-length lug ways provide smooth bolt operation and surpassed strength and rigidity
- One piece bolt allows for unmatched strength
- Custom spiral bolt fluting provides a unique appearance
- Available in Short & Magnum (0.750 bolt diameter) Long Action
- Short Action Features a .480″ bolt face
- 338 Long Action Features a .595″ bolt face
- Action is machined from 416 stainless steel
- Bolt is manufactured from 4340 steel
- Integral 20 MOA mil spec Picatinny mount
- Includes integral 0.250 thick, precision ground, recoil lug
- Bolt handle threaded for interchangeable knobs
- Extractors are M16 style, allowing for improved strength
- Short Action magazine well is cut for use with Remington BDL style magazines or detachable box magazines
- Long Action magazine well is cut for use with detachable box magazines, such as Accuracy International style systems
For more information, click here.