I’ve been shooting chassis from MDT since their inception. We’ve thoroughly reviewed their first three designs, the TAC21, LSS and HS3- all of which offered effective options for precision rifle builds. The ESS is their fourth design and I was thrilled when I just received one of the first produced.
A few details about the ESS from MDT:
- The chassis, with butt stock included retails for $899 USD
- The base model comes with the 12″ fore end. There is a 12″, 15″ and 18″ option.
- Each fore end also has the option of no rail, full rail, or partial rail.
- Note the thumb shelves.
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine catch.
- The thumb shelf feature is outstanding.
- The variety of interchangeable fore ends is nice. The ESS will have a carbon fiber option shortly.
- The ergonomics of the pistol grip are good, it allows for appropriate placement of the trigger finger.
- Easy to operate magazine catch, this is a pretty slick little paddle.
- The stock is adjustable to fit the individual user without tools.
- This model has a fixed stock, future models will include a folding stock option.