Modular Driven Technologies (MDT) Elite Sniper System (ESS) chassis initial impressions
I’ve been shooting chassis from MDT since their inception. We’ve thoroughly reviewed their first three designs, the TAC21, LSS and HS3- all of which offered effective options for precision rifle builds. The ESS is their fourth design and I was thrilled when I just received one of the first produced.
A few details about the ESS from MDT:
- The chassis, with butt stock included retails for $899 USD
- The base model comes with the 12″ fore end. There is a 12″, 15″ and 18″ option.
- Each fore end also has the option of no rail, full rail, or partial rail.
- Note the thumb shelves.
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine catch.
- The thumb shelf feature is outstanding.
- The variety of interchangeable fore ends is nice. The ESS will have a carbon fiber option shortly.
- The ergonomics of the pistol grip are good, it allows for appropriate placement of the trigger finger.
- Easy to operate magazine catch, this is a pretty slick little paddle.
- The stock is adjustable to fit the individual user without tools.
- This model has a fixed stock, future models will include a folding stock option.
You must be logged in to post a comment.