For precision shooters, proper case preparation is key to high quality, accurate, reloaded ammunition. While time consuming when performed by hand, some manufacturers offer powered solutions to expedite the process. While these units are certainly serviceable, many lack the torque and speed required to keep pace with the serious reloader who has limited time. Enter the Sinclair Power Center (749-008-418) from Brownells.
Sinclair’s Power Center offers reloaders a quick, powerful way to process metallic cartridge cases for reloading. The Power Center is capable of handling a myriad of tools to perform functions such as primer pocket uniformity, flash hole deburring, inside case neck cleaning, chamfering and deburring, and neck turning (the cartridge case held in a Sinclair case driver).
Operation of the Power Center is easy; simply insert the desired tool into the keyless chuck, tighten it, and turn on the switch. Turning at 200 RPM with 43 inch-pounds of torque, according to Brownells, the Power Center was designed with a more powerful motor then needed to provide long term service.
- The Sinclair Power Center had plenty of power and an appropriate speed to rapidly process cases. We were unable to slow down the Power Center when processing cases.
- The keyless chuck allows for quick, keyless tool changes.
- The base was wide and stable. The unit did not have to be clamped or screwed to the workbench.
- This is a significant upgrade over the ubiquitous RCBS Trim Mate case prep center. The greater torque, horizontal tool orientation and higher RPM are welcomed improvements. While the price of the Sinclair Power Center is quite a bit more, we feel the added performance is worth it.
- All in all, this is a great investment for the serious precision reloader.
To purchase the Sinclair Power Center (749-008-418) from Brownells, click here.